nubreedgoupie

Boogie Up
Unread Monday, Sep 5th 2011, 03:51 PM #1 31 people shot in NYC in 48 hours
[url]http://gawker.com/5837358/31-people-shot-over-weekend-in-new-york-city[/url]

Here it comes.
"I had the most absurd nightmare.
I was poor and no one liked me. I lost my job, I lost my house, Penelope hated me, and it was all because of this terrible, awful Negro."

The President of the United States is running against a company his opponent managed 15 years ago. A company that employees thousands of people paid by profits.

Staying on subject, what was President Obama doing 15 years ago? Running a mid-night basketball program funded by Bill Clinton.

America, the choice is yours.

nubreedgoupie

Boogie Up
Unread Monday, Sep 5th 2011, 03:54 PM #2
My kid brother is on the front line. Most felony gun collars citywide over the last decade or so. You should say thank you to him.
I was poor and no one liked me. I lost my job, I lost my house, Penelope hated me, and it was all because of this terrible, awful Negro."

The President of the United States is running against a company his opponent managed 15 years ago. A company that employees thousands of people paid by profits.

Staying on subject, what was President Obama doing 15 years ago? Running a mid-night basketball program funded by Bill Clinton.

tekku7181

Om Shanti bitches
Unread Monday, Sep 5th 2011, 04:23 PM #3
were they shooting real bullets?

only 1 person died

http://suited4battle.wordpress.com

Phuturephunkshun

Wii = Farmville
Unread Monday, Sep 5th 2011, 04:33 PM #4
Eh, its the end of summer, you gotta blow of some steam.
...Old man sleeps...old man sleeps...

The Ghost of Frankie Peņa

people person [mod]
Unread Monday, Sep 5th 2011, 04:51 PM #5
how dare you post this nonsense on the most liberal day of the year

Otherjockey

flicker and sizmara
Unread Monday, Sep 5th 2011, 04:58 PM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubreedgoupie View Post
My kid brother is on the front line. Most felony gun collars citywide over the last decade or so. You should say thank you to him.
Thanks dude.

Hey nubreedgoupie kid bro.
Can you tell your homies in the 90th or the 83rd to quit trolling for open container tickets outside the cafe I'm working at? It's pretty obnoxious and I'm sure what with all the gun shootings and the felonies and stuff like that you guys are probably really busy, so quit slowing down outside the cafe 6 times a night in order to catch some poor guy unaware.

Thanks again for the gun thing. Good work.
It's impossible this thing before me. As big as my eyeball!

nubreedgoupie

Boogie Up
Unread Monday, Sep 5th 2011, 09:11 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherjockey View Post
Thanks dude.

Hey nubreedgoupie kid bro.
Can you tell your homies in the 90th or the 83rd to quit trolling for open container tickets outside the cafe I'm working at? It's pretty obnoxious and I'm sure what with all the gun shootings and the felonies and stuff like that you guys are probably really busy, so quit slowing down outside the cafe 6 times a night in order to catch some poor guy unaware.

Thanks again for the gun thing. Good work.
C summons are written by cowards and bitches. If you ever have a problem, pm me.

nubreedgoupie

Boogie Up
Unread Monday, Sep 5th 2011, 09:37 PM #8
Ok, now it's up to 42 for the entire weekend.

CrashinCarey

Rhythmist
Unread Monday, Sep 5th 2011, 11:03 PM #9
well there was one of those thug parades today

yumpop

So ugly
Unread Monday, Sep 5th 2011, 11:27 PM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashinCarey View Post
well there was one of those thug parades today
Tony Lee is not happy with this comment

nubreedgoupie

Boogie Up
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 04:32 AM #11

Note to self: decline all invitations to "black" BBQ's.

nubreedgoupie

Boogie Up
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 04:39 AM #12

tiger2

snarktastic!
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 05:10 AM #13
wtf did they put in the kool-aid this weekend rich? where is this coming from??
it's not my fault, i was overserved!

rod

hunter and gatherer
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 06:18 AM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2 View Post
yeah seriously. 46 people?

how many people on average get shot a month in new york?
1.06 D-SI1 round $5700 (18kt gold setting included)

Mr. Wilson

Ruining the board
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 11:00 AM #15
This will never stop until the ass backwards portions of our nation agree to tougher gun laws

Phuturephunkshun

Wii = Farmville
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 11:09 AM #16
Final separation of blacks from mainstream US society.

I'd be sad if I gave a shit.

Bart

Not Impressed
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 11:14 AM #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
This will never stop until the ass backwards portions of our nation agree to tougher gun laws
NY has some of the toughest gun laws in the country yet this still happened.

I guarantee you none of the savage shooters in this case obtained their gats legally.

These events do not really correlate with gun law "toughness" but rather with with the presence of certain population demographics, imo.

You'd agree, no?

SimSima

has for sides
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 11:17 AM #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

I guarantee you none of the savage shooters in this case obtained their gats legally.

These events do not really correlate with gun law "toughness" but rather with with the presence of certain population demographics, imo.

You'd agree, no?
yeah he's a BIG WHITE GUY.
This is the day, your life will surely change....

Bart

Not Impressed
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 11:20 AM #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimSima View Post
yeah he's a BIG WHITE GUY.

Well he was!

Snardy

'Sup, dawg?
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 01:15 PM #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2 View Post
Holiday weekend mixed with lots of alcohol. Yeah, it's a lot of shootings, but I'd be interested in seeing how it compares with other holiday Labor Day and 4th of July weekends.

Otherjockey

flicker and sizmara
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 02:32 PM #21
Yanno what's fucking weird about all these arguments? None of them make sense.

See if you have really intense gun control in one place it only really works if people can't just travel on a chinatown bus to another city where they can buy a gun. Or take their momma's escalade.
Also, there are all these people who are like... damn, the only people who have guns are the criminals so they should let me have a gun.... which is cool I guess... but if you look at the numbers the people with guns are killing other people with guns, often in disputes of a revenge sort or domestic violence situations.
Me. I got a bunch of annoying kittens on the roof behind my building and I think the best way to take care of the problem would be a hand gun.
It's impossible this thing before me. As big as my eyeball!

Mr. Wilson

Ruining the board
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 03:02 PM #22
Quote:

You'd agree, no?
What's the use of tough gun laws in NY if some idiot can just drive to VA, fill his trunk up with guns and sell them on the streets of Brooklyn. If the nAtion adopted NYC's gun laws I doubt we would have many more weekends like this.

nubreedgoupie

Boogie Up
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 03:16 PM #23
Quote:
What's the use of tough gun laws in NY if some idiot can just drive to VA, fill his trunk up with guns and sell them on the streets of Brooklyn. If the nAtion adopted NYC's gun laws I doubt we would have many more weekends like this.
Which State is the possession and or distribution of cocaine legal?

Because, according to your vacuous argument, there must be States where cocaine is legal, otherwise, how would people in new york obtain it?

Bart

Not Impressed
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 03:23 PM #24
Quote:
Well using that argument, one could drive further to Mexico and do the same thing (where there is a will there is always a way). Better question is what is motivating these people to WANT to shoot people? Why can't they act civilized? If someone disrespected you at a party the solution should not be to shoot them. Only a savage brain would operate on this level, imo.

For the record: I support tougher gun laws for all states, I just don't think it will put that much of a dent in the problem.

SimSima

has for sides
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 03:23 PM #25
Dr. Gonzo'd I mean Mr. Wilson ... oppss.. never mind.
This is the day, your life will surely change....

yumpop

So ugly
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 03:31 PM #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimSima View Post
Dr. Gonzo'd I mean Mr. Wilson ... oppss.. never mind.

Are you trolling though

Mr. Wilson

Ruining the board
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 06:05 PM #27
Quote:
Well using that argument, one could drive further to Mexico and do the same thing (where there is a will there is always a way). Better question is what is motivating these people to WANT to shoot people? Why can't they act civilized? If someone disrespected you at a party the solution should not be to shoot them. Only a savage brain would operate on this level, imo.

For the record: I support tougher gun laws for all states, I just don't think it will put that much of a dent in the problem.
Mexico's gun laws are actually quite tough. The majority of crimes in mexico are being committed with guns smuggled into mexico from the south. Just ask the ATF.

Phuturephunkshun

Wii = Farmville
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 06:11 PM #28
Quote:

I would speculate it has to do with various aspects of generational poverty in conjunction with a, sadly, wide spread belief that society absolutely hates them regardless of what they do.

If they keep you on the outside long enough, eventually you're not going to give a fuck anymore.

And so on.

Bart

Not Impressed
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 06:26 PM #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuturephunkshun View Post
I would speculate it has to do with various aspects of generational poverty in conjunction with a, sadly, wide spread belief that society absolutely hates them regardless of what they do.

If they keep you on the outside long enough, eventually you're not going to give a fuck anymore.

And so on.
Sounds like you're attributing most of the cause for their plight to external factors beyond their control, no?

They are impotent in taking measures to better themselves (due to some sort of ingrained self-fulfilling prophecy of failure combined with widespread discrimination)? Is this what you're asserting?

I know its a lot harder to succeed if you're black (odds stacked against you from the start) but I hope you're not implying its futile to even try (stay in school and out of jail, not get pregnant as a teenager, etc).

Phuturephunkshun

Wii = Farmville
Unread Tuesday, Sep 6th 2011, 06:43 PM #30
Quote:
I know its a lot harder to succeed if you're black (odds stacked against you from the start) but I hope you're not implying its futile to even try (stay in school and out of jail, not get pregnant as a teenager, etc).

I'm not saying that it's not worth trying, I'm saying the will to try is diminished when you're constantly viewed by society as being the out group.

I would never advocate not trying, I just came up with that as an explanation as to why these types of incidents happen.