$10 on Guestlist before midnite: $15 after

email to: [email]info@hiddenrecordings.com[/email] for Guestlist

costume required!

Line Up:

Giovanni (BiatchCorp, NYC) - Opening

Ambivalent (Minus/Detroit USA) - 1a - 3a

Deepak Sharma (Hidden Recordings, NYC) - 3a - close

Ambivalent Bio:
Kevin McHugh (aka AMBIVALENT) is a native of Washington, DC and resident of New York City. His musical development began in DC where he was influenced by the broad nature of that city’s
music scene. Early exposure to acidhouse and industrial side-byside with DC’s homegrown go-go and hardcore punk scenes deeply influenced his music.
After a brief period in London, Kevin moved to New York in 1996. He began producing a music series inside the Brooklyn Bridge Anchorage for Creative Time. Over the next 5 years he produced events with artists such as Thomas Brinkmann, Dimbiman, Carl Craig, Ryoji Ikeda, Pole, and many more. It was during this time that
he began making a connection with Minus. He went on to produce events in New York featuring friends such as Magda, Troy Pierce and his roommate Jesse (Heartthrob) as well as Matthew Dear, Akufen and Sammy Dee.
He moved to Berlin in 2004 to help Richie Hawtin produce the Plastikman live concert. He later returned to
New York and re-dedicated himself to producing music inspired by his friends. He answered an ad for an
apartment, and moved in with a DJ named Camea. She later created Clink Recordings. He DJs regularly
in New York, and on his internet radio show, The Nerd Tank, with Camea. He has releases and remixes
(past and forthcoming) on Minus, Clink, Klickhaus, Esperanza, and Leftroom.

About Hidden Recordings:
Hidden Recordings ([url]www.hidden-recordings.com[/url]) is owned by Deepak Sharma with partner Dieter Krause, and is one of the world’s fastest rising and growing techno labels in the world.
The press has taken notice of the duo’s rising popularity, with DJ Times placing Hidden Recordings on the cover of the April 2009 issue along with a feature within the magazine on the label. AOL Music's Spinner.com comparing their sound and style to minimal techno giants Lusine, Superpitcher, Booka Shade along with Alex Smoke and Gui Boratto. In addition the duo has been reviewed in prominent magazines such as XLR8R, DJ Times, Time Out New York, MixMag (UK), Trax (France) and Raveline (Germany). Global recognition continues to pour in from Europe as the remix of their sixth release produced my Karri O titled ‘Ajaton’ peaked as the #1 download on Germany’s Kompakt-MP3 in December of 2008.
Support has come from all over the globe, with artists such as Pier Bucci, Butane, Argenis Brito, Alexi Delano, Maetrik, Ambivalent, Barem, Noah Pred, Gregory Shiff, Patrick Bateman, Derek Plaslaiko and Eric Cloutier all enjoying the label’s music.

Hidden Recordings has released such artists as Pablo Bolivar, Karri O, Gustavo Lamas, Monkey Brothers along with original productions and remixes by Deepak Sharma and Dieter Krause. Major digital partners include Beatport, Kompakt, Juno, DanceRecords, Resonant Vibes and Complete-USA handling vinyl distribution.

nycedee

Rhythmist
Unread Tuesday, Oct 13th 2009, 02:08 PM #2 Friday Oct 30th at Bar 13
Just to make sure everyone knows, the party is on Friday Oct 30 :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandm View Post
$10 on Guestlist before midnite: $15 after

email to: [email]info@hiddenrecordings.com[/email] for Guestlist

costume required!

Line Up:

Giovanni (BiatchCorp, NYC) - Opening

Ambivalent (Minus/Detroit USA) - 1a - 3a

Deepak Sharma (Hidden Recordings, NYC) - 3a - close

Ambivalent Bio:
Kevin McHugh (aka AMBIVALENT) is a native of Washington, DC and resident of New York City. His musical development began in DC where he was influenced by the broad nature of that city’s
music scene. Early exposure to acidhouse and industrial side-byside with DC’s homegrown go-go and hardcore punk scenes deeply influenced his music.
After a brief period in London, Kevin moved to New York in 1996. He began producing a music series inside the Brooklyn Bridge Anchorage for Creative Time. Over the next 5 years he produced events with artists such as Thomas Brinkmann, Dimbiman, Carl Craig, Ryoji Ikeda, Pole, and many more. It was during this time that
he began making a connection with Minus. He went on to produce events in New York featuring friends such as Magda, Troy Pierce and his roommate Jesse (Heartthrob) as well as Matthew Dear, Akufen and Sammy Dee.
He moved to Berlin in 2004 to help Richie Hawtin produce the Plastikman live concert. He later returned to
New York and re-dedicated himself to producing music inspired by his friends. He answered an ad for an
apartment, and moved in with a DJ named Camea. She later created Clink Recordings. He DJs regularly
in New York, and on his internet radio show, The Nerd Tank, with Camea. He has releases and remixes
(past and forthcoming) on Minus, Clink, Klickhaus, Esperanza, and Leftroom.

About Hidden Recordings:
Hidden Recordings ([url]www.hidden-recordings.com[/url]) is owned by Deepak Sharma with partner Dieter Krause, and is one of the world’s fastest rising and growing techno labels in the world.
The press has taken notice of the duo’s rising popularity, with DJ Times placing Hidden Recordings on the cover of the April 2009 issue along with a feature within the magazine on the label. AOL Music's Spinner.com comparing their sound and style to minimal techno giants Lusine, Superpitcher, Booka Shade along with Alex Smoke and Gui Boratto. In addition the duo has been reviewed in prominent magazines such as XLR8R, DJ Times, Time Out New York, MixMag (UK), Trax (France) and Raveline (Germany). Global recognition continues to pour in from Europe as the remix of their sixth release produced my Karri O titled ‘Ajaton’ peaked as the #1 download on Germany’s Kompakt-MP3 in December of 2008.
Support has come from all over the globe, with artists such as Pier Bucci, Butane, Argenis Brito, Alexi Delano, Maetrik, Ambivalent, Barem, Noah Pred, Gregory Shiff, Patrick Bateman, Derek Plaslaiko and Eric Cloutier all enjoying the label’s music.

Hidden Recordings has released such artists as Pablo Bolivar, Karri O, Gustavo Lamas, Monkey Brothers along with original productions and remixes by Deepak Sharma and Dieter Krause. Major digital partners include Beatport, Kompakt, Juno, DanceRecords, Resonant Vibes and Complete-USA handling vinyl distribution.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/djdeepaksharma

www.hidden-recordings.com

Find us on Beatport:
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/...den_recordings

Find us on Myspace:
www.myspace.com/deepaksharma
www.myspace.com/hiddenrecordings

Upcoming Gigs:

2.19.11 Hidden Recordings Presents The Rough + Tumble at National Underground w/ Fahad (Blk Mrkt), NYC

3.4.11 [013 HR] Wolkenreise Release Party w/ special guest DJ QU, NYC

chupa169

AlterImage Clouded Minds
Unread Wednesday, Oct 14th 2009, 11:51 AM #3
Nice one Dee! AlterImage Recordings in the haus!
AlterImage Website - Click Here
AlterImage Recordings on Beatport - Click Here

nycedee

Rhythmist
Unread Wednesday, Oct 21st 2009, 06:44 PM #4 Gradient Magazine Posting
Support from Gradient Magazine! Sign up for guestlist and kick off your Halloween weekend with us at Bar 13!!

[url]http://www.gradientmagazine.com/2009/10/hidden-recordings-residency-night-at-bar-13-with-ambivalent/[/url]

[email]info@hidden-recordings.com[/email] for $10 guestlist.

Find us on Beatport:

Find us on Myspace:

Upcoming Gigs:

2.19.11 Hidden Recordings Presents The Rough + Tumble at National Underground w/ Fahad (Blk Mrkt), NYC

nycedee

Rhythmist
Unread Monday, Oct 26th 2009, 08:42 AM #5 From Deepak's Blog: Five Questions with Ambivalent
Please check out my latest blog entry where I was able to spend some time with Ambivalent and ask him a few questions. Some great responses on his relationship with Richie Hawtin, why he moved to Berlin, cool gigs from the past year and what he misses about NY! Enjoy!

[url]http://resonantvibes.com/blog/author/deepak/[/url]

Thanks.
- Deepak

Find us on Beatport:

Find us on Myspace:

Upcoming Gigs:

Sara2214

Rhythmist
Unread Monday, Oct 26th 2009, 03:49 PM #6
Excited for Friday

nycedee

Rhythmist
Unread Tuesday, Oct 27th 2009, 04:56 PM #7
here is the text from the interview:

Many people recognize Ambivalent (aka Kevin McHugh) as the upcoming artist featured on Richie Hawtin’s Minus imprint, and while that is true, there is the side I also remember from his days in New York when he hosted his “Micromini” nights at Filter 14, and was co-host with Camea on The Nerd Tank radio show on East Village Radio. I know Kevin as a genuine purveyor and lover of techno, and before the craze of minimal, he was there from the early days.

I had a chance to speak with Kevin as he prepares to play in NY and LA Halloween weekend. Now a Berlin transplant and in-demand artist globally, he still finds time to engage in a small chat.

Here are five questions I asked him. Enjoy.

Deepak: It seems like you have been working with Richie for a long time. when, where and how did you relationship develop and how has your relationship evolved now that your a Minus artist?

Ambivalent: I met Rich when I was doing a music festival for an arts organization called Creative Time. We did electronic music and art events under the Brooklyn Bridge. I kept asking Rich to do a show with us, and it never worked out. But we ended up talking about common interests and hung out whenever he was in NY. Eventually we started doing projects together. It wasn’t until a couple of years ago that he asked me to join the label as an artist. That was the beginning of a different phase of my life, but our friendship definitely influenced me tremendously.

Deepak: How has the move to berlin pushed your career along? did you think twice about it, or was it an easy decision? why do so many artists flock to Berlin?

Ambivalent: It definitely wasn’t an easy decision. I moved to NY in 1996, so it feels like home. I loved my life there, and would have loved to stay. But ultimately there was no way to make a living on my music and still pay a New York rent. Being in Berlin has made it possible to focus on my music rather than a day job. I also love European audiences and their dedication to this music culture. People recognize your work more clearly and appreciate it differently. There are great audiences in North America, also, but it seems that things take hold more slowly in the US.

Deepak: Do you have a favorite gig from this year you can tell us about?

Ambivalent: There are a few that stand out. I just played with a bunch of other Minus artists in a Contakt show at Brixton Academy in London. Piknik Electronik in Montreal was awesome. A great show at Cocoon club in Frankfurt and also the Monsters of House festival in Munich.
One of my favorite gigs was on a Sunday afternoon in an abandoned warehouse in Hamburg. The guys who do this party are so cool. They made this massive space feel so intimate just by propping these shipping containers around the space, and then they had people in furry animal costumes running around…it just felt like the kind of thing where there’s so much love put into a really underground event. That’s the stuff I keep hoping to see more of…

Deepak: Do you miss NY, and anything in particular about the city?

Ambivalent: My girlfriend still lives in Brooklyn, so I go back pretty often to see her and she comes to Europe pretty often as well. That tends to keep me from getting homesick. Of course there are friends who I miss, and certain things that I rush to when I get back. Namely good mexican food. One thing that you don’t get so often in other cities is the busy streetlife and people watching. I was in Paris this summer and a bus blew smog in my face, and it actually made me miss New York. That sounds so twisted, doesn’t it?

Deepak: What are a few differences and similarities of the scene in Berlin and NY?

Ambivalent: Well, the music scene in Berlin is different than it was a few years ago. I think it’s changed because so many people have heard the legends about certain clubs, etc. So now there seems to be a pressure for things to live up to. There are definitely nice things about being in a city with so many clubs and DJs that you can go out any night of the week and hear someone really good. The flip-side is that you don’t have the same excitement as you’d have in a so-called “smaller” scene. The NY parties I’ve been to since I left have really impressed me with their energy. I think it’s getting better all the time.

Join me in welcoming Ambivalent back to NY as he DJs our final Hidden Recordings Residency Night of 2009 and Halloween Eve Special on Friday October 30th!

Find us on Beatport:

Find us on Myspace:

Upcoming Gigs:

nycedee

Rhythmist
Unread Thursday, Oct 29th 2009, 03:10 PM #8
just fyi, the guestlist will close tomorrow at 5p

email [email]info@hidden-recordings.com[/email] for $10 guestlist.

- Deepak

Find us on Beatport:

Find us on Myspace:

Upcoming Gigs:

CrashinCarey

Rhythmist
Unread Thursday, Oct 29th 2009, 03:55 PM #9
is there a list to get in free?